Thursday, September 25, 2008

Marshmallow Moments

I've had a lot of wonderful conversations since this past Sunday about "marshmallow moments." I told a story in my sermon of a vivid memory with my younger brother, sorting out marshmallows two by two to make absolutely sure it's "fair", only to find that my parents gave him some more. I don't always post a link to my sermon, but would like to do that today for anyone who has time to listen. Maybe you've had "marshmallow moments," too, from early childhood to last week at work - moments when you feel shafted, when life seems so unfair. The Parable of the Workers in the Vineyard reminds us that grace is not fair. It's a gift. How can we approach life as a gift instead of always comparing ourselves with others? Here's the link to my Sermon Archive and you can click "Turnabout is Fair Pay" from there.